By W. M. Thackston
A finished grammar of contemporary, classical & colloquial Persian. contains thesaurus. Accompanying set of tapes necessary for pronunciation is obtainable.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Persian PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
I ordered this e-book early on whilst i started learning Scottish Gaelic, as i wished a source to appear up phrases that weren't to be had in my textbooks. On a number of events i have discovered that the observe i used to be trying to find used to be easily now not within the dictionary. This dictionary does comprise attention-grabbing phrases which most probably have cultural hyperlinks to Scotland, for instance rather than having the notice "cow" they could have fifteen various phrases of version, with meanings like "newborn cow with spots" and different very particular kinds.
No matter if you don't like crossword puzzles, you could prove loving those. Designed for mother-tongue or thoroughly fluent audio system of Korean desirous to increase their English abilities, the puzzles can also be enjoyable to English audio system. they're formatted in order that each one puzzle could be solved in 15 to half-hour.
An exceptional snatch of grammar allows the foreign-language learner to construct ability and self assurance in verbal exchange. this is the "ultimate," painless method for intermediate and complex newcomers to comb up at the ideas. every one grammatical proposal is defined after which illustrated with energetic sentence examples; wide workouts provide perform at using this data in daily dialog.
- Dictionary of Arabic and Allied loanwords: Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan, Galician and Kindred Dialects
- Conversational Navajo Dictionary
- 500 Basic Korean Verbs. The Only Comprehensive Guide to Conjugation and Usage
- A Grammar of Limbu (Mouton Grammar Library)
- Webster's Portuguese to English Crossword Puzzles: Level 6
Extra info for An Introduction to Persian
I saw him in a new Mercedes. EXERCISES ENGLISH GRAMMAR 1. Complete estas frases. Utilice in, at, on con una de las palabras de esta lista. 00. Please, meet me at the airport. 1. Our train was delayed. We had to wait for half an hour. 2. It was a long voyage. They were for two months. 3. She hasn't gone to university yet. She's still 4. Has Jim got up yet? No, he is still 5. There is a nice play tonight. 6. They always go to the Sunday Service, they are still 7. I was brought up in the country, 8.
Yes, I do. No, I don't. 1. Does your brother's friend like swimming? 2. Do you go to see the doctor when you have a cold? 3. Does Peter's uncle come to see him often? 4. Do the children drink water with their meals? 5. Do they cut the grass very often? 6. Does Mr Smith like playing golf? 7. Do you listen to the news on the radio? 8. Does Mrs Evans go shopping every morning? 3. Aqui tienes unas respuestas. Tu tienes que hacer las preguntas. Example: No, I don't go every day. Do you go every day?
3. Complete con from o since. Example: I was there from three to four but nobody came. I've been here since three o'clock but nobody's come. 1. What have you been doing 2. My lunch time is nine o'clock this morning? one to three. 3. I've been waiting seven o'clock. 4. I like watching TV nine to ten. 5. I haven't seen you we met in Paris a year ago. 6. Most people work nine to five. 7. It is two years 8. I haven't seen Jim 9. I waited I last saw Jim. June 1990. two to four but she didn't come. 39 STANLEY UNIT 17 ENGLISH GRAMMAR Prepositions of direction and manner From • Indica procedencia: The train is coming from Paris.
An Introduction to Persian by W. M. Thackston