By Gretchen E. Potts, Christopher R. Dockery
Millennials lead hugely dependent and scheduled lives the place they're driven to accomplish educational successes and serve the better sturdy of the neighborhood. Advances in know-how have created 24/7 connectivity, consistent multitasking, and brief recognition spans. despite the fact that, the reliance of many educators on traditional educating equipment has did not interact this iteration. What leading edge techniques are being explored to spotlight millennial traits to thrive on know-how and juggle assignments? How can we succeed in millennial scholars in deep conversations whereas selling serious considering? Addressing the Millennial scholar in Undergraduate Chemistry explores creative pedagogies in chemistry school rooms that construct upon the millennial scholars' strengths and pursuits. With contributions from veteran educators, this quantity can provide to be a worthy source for faculty professors and highschool technological know-how teachers.
Read or Download Addressing the millennial student in undergraduate chemistry PDF
Best general & reference books
The aim of this ebook is to aid chemists, biochemists and different scientists purify the chemical reagents which they use of their paintings. even though commercially to be had chemical compounds are frequently of a truly top of the range, and fairly passable for a few functions inside of technology and know-how, it's changing into nearly as very important to understand what impurities are current and allow for them as to take away them thoroughly.
- The Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds, Imidazole and Its Derivatives
- Biochemistry: Concepts and Connections
- Proceedings of the Fifth Conference on Carbon. Volume 2
- Mensch und Nahrungspflanze: Der Biologische Wert der Nahrungspflanze in Abhängigkeit von Pestizideinsatz, Bodenqualität und Düngung
Extra resources for Addressing the millennial student in undergraduate chemistry
Dillner, D. ; Ferrante, R. ; Fitzgerald, J. ; Schroeder, M. J. Integrated laboratories: laying the foundation for undergraduate research experiences. J. Chem. Educ. 2011, 88, 1623–1629. 49. Van Ryswyk, H. Writing-intensive multimedia projects in the instrumental methods course. J. Chem. Educ. 2005, 82, 70–72. 50. Smith, D. K. iTube, YouTube, WeTube: social media videos in chemistry education and outreach. J. Chem. 1021/ed400715s. 51. American Society for Mass Spectrometry. News and Views February 2014.
Org. The use of this website will be discussed below in a general fashion. The website development, content, and use have been reviewed elsewhere (9, 10) A second challenge that arises beyond the specific breadth of the topics covered in inorganic chemistry is the more general challenge of student population growth at the university level. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) is a mid-sized primarily undergraduate institution (PUI) with no graduate programs in chemistry. This distinction is important to our goals of maintaining a small class size for the students taught by research active faculty.
32. ; Wang, D. ; Emge, T. ; Goldman, A. S. Net Oxidative Addition of C(sp3)-F Bonds to Iridium via Initial C-H Bond Activation. Science 2011, 332, 1545–1548. 33. Smith, A. ; Hardcastle, K. ; Soper, J. D. Redox-Active Ligand-Mediated Oxidative Addition and Reductive Elimination at Square Planar Cobalt(III): Multielectron Reactions for Cross-Coupling. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 14358–14360. 34. Johnston, D. org/web-resources/symmetry-resources-otterbein-college (accessed July 2014). 35. Watson, L.
Addressing the millennial student in undergraduate chemistry by Gretchen E. Potts, Christopher R. Dockery